Why nighttime skincare is a MUST!
What does your night skincare routine look like? Ever have that feeling after working late, or out for drinks with the girls that you're just too tired to get into "all that" and skip for a make up wipe? We have all been there, but washing your face at night is like a hot date. Girl you can't miss- must be there!
Think of it like this, is there any other point in the day where you are doing absolutely nothing for almost eight hours? Probably not. Skincare products can be absorbed best as we snooze they lay undisturbed on our faces. While we sleep our body repairs itself, cell regeneration and so much more happens every night - so why not help ourselves out.
Everyday we walk around with a full face of make up that we do not wash off, not only are we clogging our pores but we are creating a breeding ground for bacteria. Long term this will definitely cause blemishes, possibly leading to painful cystic acne and even worse the breakdown of collagen production. Collagen promotes our natural glow and without it you will see premature aging like fine lines, dark spots, and wrinkles.
So let's break it down what are the musts:
1. Before doing anything always use a make up remover. Make up is a magnet for sweat and pollutants, make sure to clean your full face. For a make up remover that is perfect for all skin types without any irritants try the Jane Iredale Magic Mitt. You will be amazed at how easy removing make up can be without any harsh chemicals.
2. Follow up with a mild foaming cleanser! We love the Joanna Vargas Vitamin C Face Wash. Vitamin C is one of the best anti-aging gifts nature has given us. Using a foaming face wash promotes washing away all remaining dirt or oil.
3. Watch your water temperature. Hot water can actually dry your skin out, so keep it cool or even cold.
4. Dry your skin by patting- never rub! Always pat your face dry. Rubbing tugs on your skin which can compromise skin elasticity.
5. Exfoliate- but not too much. Exfoliating is key to keeping skin smooth it is important to keep exfoliating
6. Last moisturize! Moisturizing is so important, applying before bed gives your skin the opportunity to drink it in all night. Depending on skin care concerns a moisturizer tailored to your skin type can go a long way before bed. Visit our beauty concierge to determine what is best for you.
So remember lovelies, washing our face every night is an absolute must for long term beauty goals.
"MAKE YOUR MARK" -The Beauty Mark
Get a FREE mini facial from The Beauty Mark! How? Submit your beauty questions to "Ask The Beauty Concierge" at email@example.com for a chance to win!